Its been over a year since I have done any wet plating, the Echoes of Ritual project has dominated the last year. Monday this week saw me get set up to start again. It took me the full morning to get an image on the glass, then the afternoon refining things. Wednesday came around and time for Tim to spend the day at the studio, so I decided it would be a good chance to try out the process with him, giving him a chance a chance to try new chemistry.
Initially I demonstrated with my set from Monday then handed over to Tim. He decided to photography my MPP.
I hate to say it but he made it look easy! He obviously had a steady had and had no problem foliating the collodion onto the glass. We used two, nine bulb cft heads, giving an exposure of four minutes at f11.
Seeing as he coped so well with a plain glass ambrotype, I gave him a whole plate sheet of anodised aluminium to produce a tin type. He, of course, handled this well and just to round the day off he produced two salt prints from the amberotype on paper he sensitised during his last visit.